What is it?
Miniflux is a minimalist web based news reader. I developed my own RSS reader for my own usage and now I share it to everybody as a free software.
- Optimized for readability
- The page layout, fonts and colors are chosen to be readable on a screen. The most important thing is the content, everything else is bullshit.
- Very easy to use
- I suppose you don't like bloated software? Me too. Miniflux is designed to be very simple and easy to use.
- Minimalist design
- There is no fancy features. Less is more!
- No tags, no categories, no favorites, no stats, no api...
- I just want to read my feeds. Miniflux is a minimalist software. Use the right tool for the right job.
- All your unread items are displayed in few milliseconds. You can update your feeds from a background task or from the user interface. Moreover, Miniflux check HTTP headers to update a feed only when it's necessary.
- Be productive and use keyboard shortcuts to read quickly all your unread items.
- No social network bullshit
- I don't like social networks, these centralized stupid things make money with your private life. There is no Facebook, Google+, Twitter or sharing at all.
- No advertising and user tracking
- Nobody likes Ads. Miniflux removes automatically Ads and pixel trackers.
Nobody needs to know where you come from.
External links are opened inside a new tab with a
- No data locking, host anywhere
- You can import and export your subscriptions by using a standard format (OPML). You need to install this software on your own server. Nobody keeps your data in hostage.
- Web based
- This software is a webapp, there is nothing to install on your local machine. You can access to your feeds from anywhere in the world with any device.
- You can use this webapp from your smartphone or your tablet.
- Super simple installation
- The only thing you need to do is to copy and paste the source code on your own server or hosting provider. There is no configuration, no database setup, nothing!
- Open source and free software
- Miniflux is a free and open source project distributed under the AGPL license.